Applications are invited for one Research Associate position in a multilateral project (with UK and China) sponsored by Department of Biotechnology, Government of India.
- Name of the post: Research Associate I/ II/ III
- Project title: Social-economic-environmental trade-offs in managing the LandRiver-Interface
- Funded by: Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Government of India.
- Duration: 1 year, extendable till completion of the project, subject to satisfactory performance
- Project cost: Rs 28 Lakh
- Principal Investigator: Dr A Azhoni
PhD or equivalent or having three years of research experience after Post-Graduate in areas related to land, river or environmental management (including development studies, water resources management/engineering, economics, management, geography, law, policy studies, environmental engineering/sciences/management, agricultural science/engineering, ecology and related areas) At least one research publication in SCI/Scopus journal.
Candidate must be able to work independently and flexibly and having the following qualities will be desirable.
- Ability to analyse key government documents and policies
- Interview and collect data and information from key government officials and other stakeholders in the case study area.
- Apply Agent-Based Modelling techniques to integrated land-river management issues.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
Rs. 54,000/- (or Rs.49,000 or Rs.47,000, depending on the qualification and experience) + HRA as applicable
Dr. A. Azhoni (Assistant Professor, NIT K)
For more details, click here.
About the Author