Applications are invited for two positions of Research Associate-I, initially for a period of one year (extendable depending on the performance) in the DST sponsored project DST/CE/2019123 entitled “National Centre in Geodesy” at IIT Kanpur.
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (also known as IIT Kanpur or IITK) is a public technical and research university located in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. It was declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India under the Institutes of Technology Act.
Research Associate-I (02)
The candidate may be required to develop routine programs for regular processing, archival, analysis and sharing of data collected from multiple geodetic sensors. He/ She would be responsible for efficient performance and maintenance of geodetic facilities at the centre. Other responsibilities include developing and writing new research proposals for submission to national and international organizations, mentoring students, preparing project reports, preparing course contents for short term courses/ workshops/ conferences, and assisting in ongoing research projects.
- Ph.D. (Physics/ Mathematics/ Earth Science/ Geoinformatics) OR
- Three years of experience of research after MSc (Mathematics/Physics/Earth Science) with at least one research paper in (SCI) journal OR
- Three years of experience of research after MTech (Civil / Computer Science/ Electricals/ Electronics/ Mining/ IT /Geoinformatics) with at least one research paper (in SCI) journal.
- Candidate MUST have prior research experience in the broad area of Geodetic science and should be familiar with the use of different geodetic instruments and software. Good mathematical skills programming proficiency in one or more programming languages (e.g. MATLAB, C/ C++, Python, FORTRAN) are necessary.
- In addition, the candidate MUST possess excellent writing and communication skills.
Rs. 47,000 per month + HRA as per Institute norms
How to Apply?
Send your resume indicating (a) experience in aforementioned areas and (b) your approach/ understanding as to how you will be able to contribute in National Centre in Geodesy at IIT Kanpur in 600 words (in one page), to email@example.com on or before July 22, 2021.
You might also be interested in: