WRI (World Resources Institute) invites job applications for the post of Research Associate for the year 2020. The Energy program at WRI India is seeking a Research Associate (ENERGY TRANSITIONS) to work with and support research focused on India’s energy transition, with a specific focus initially on Tamil Nadu.
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being.
Our work focuses on building sustainable and livable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
- Appropriate Master’s degree in any energy, engineering or development related discipline
- At least five years of relevant experience in energy sector
- Demonstrable experience in energy/power sector modeling and computational skills
- Strong commitment to and understanding of the environmental and socio-economic development movement and sustainability issues
- Fluency in English and Hindi. Ability to converse in Tamil will be an added advantage
- Foreign nationals applying must have valid permits for work in India.
The Research Associate (ENERGY TRANSITIONS) will be part of a focused team; with the following responsibilities.
- Developing, building and maintaining energy sector models and databases to track the energy scenario initially in Tamil Nadu with the possibility of working across different regions in India
- Support the team with appropriate analysis of the TN energy sector using the models
- Support the team in conducting policy research and analysis of existing and emerging programs, policies and regulatory areas related to energy and electricity starting with Tamil Nadu and then to other states
- Lead specific modules in the project as identified by the Energy Lead
- Support in collating information and knowledge about major policy reform processes, consultations and measures on states’ energy and development sector policies, and identify opportunities for the team to provide inputs to the processes, consultations and measures.
- Analyze and monitor the implementation of national and state energy policies, regulations and laws in Tamil Nadu subsequently in other states
- Participate in research projects to produce policy /issue briefs, and other publications and reports (online and print).