HUL (Hindustan Unilever) is looking to hire a Research Associate, Future proof formats – Home Care category based in Bangalore for the year 2021. Online applications are open on the official website.
In this role, as part of the Future proof formats team within the Science & Technology, Home Care category, you will develop unit dose formats/formulations using renewable, sustainable, biodegradable ingredients that delivers superior cleaning benefits to consumers while offering convenience at affordable cost.
You will be required to develop the technology with the triple constraints of chemical, plastics and water to identify the sweet spot for the consumers via new formats.
The key challenges to be addressed include: scouting new materials, meeting the cleaning action standards criteria at affordable cost to everyone, establishing formulation robustness at lab &/or pilot scale, interfacing with various teams to address processing issues & identifying patent opportunities.
- Candidate is expected to work in the laboratory to carry out “on the bench” experiments & demonstrate technical performance of product prototypes and formats
- The incumbent will work with team to develop new products or formats to offer superior cleaning benefits to consumers.
- The incumbent will work with teams to build laboratory and processing capabilities.
- Candidate is expected to use appropriate literature / patent / competition / supplier searches related to the projects.
- The incumbent will leverage digital age tools such as automation, simulation, and modeling to minimize experiments, maximize output & speed up program delivery.
- The incumbent will work with external partners and suppliers to scout for technologies and speed up deliveries to market
- The incumbent will interface with other Science & Technology, Global Design, Cluster Design, SEAC, regulatory teams while developing formulations/formats
HUL is looking for a person with right attitude and competencies. Candidates with one or two years of experience in product development are preferred
- Education: Bachelors’/Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering / Chemistry with First class
- Background/Experience: Prior 2-3 experience in Confectionary Industry or other relevant industry is preferred. Proven track record of interfacing with Global Design, Marketing, Capabilities, Academia will also be preferred.
- Technical skills: Good understanding on polymers and material science, and also processing development.
- Soft skills: Teamwork, multi-tasking, good communication and writing skills, creativity, ability to analyze data and provide logical conclusions.