Applications are invited for Registrar at IIT(ISM) Dhanbad for the year 2021. The last date of application is 31 October 2021. IIT(ISM), Dhanbad invites applications from Indian nationals for the post of Registrar (Unreserved)
About IIT(ISM) Dhanbad
Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad formerly known as Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad established in 1926 offers 4 yr. B.Tech., 3 yr. M.Sc. Tech., 5 yr. Integrated M.Sc. (Tech.)/M.Tech., 2 yr. M.B.A., 2 yr. M.Tech., full time, part time and external Ph. D. courses/programmes in Engineering andBasic/ Earth/Social/Applied Sciences, Humanities and Management disciplines.
Masters’ degree or equivalent in any discipline with at least 55% marks or its equivalent Grade of B in the UGC seven points scale. Experience:
(i) At least 15 years of experience as Assistant Professor in the AGP Rs. 7000 (Academic Pay Level -11) and above or with 8 years of service in the AGP of Rs. 8000 (Academic Pay Level – 12) and above including as Associate Professor along with experience in educational administration. OR
Comparable experience in research establishments and/or other Institutions of higher education. OR
15 years of administrative experience of which 8 years regular service as Deputy Registrar or an equivalent post in the GP of Rs. 7600 (Pay Level –12) and above.
(ii) Experience in handling computerized administration /Financial matters.
(i) A degree in Law / Management / Engineering from a recognized University /Institute.
(ii) Experience in educational administration, financial and personnel management and capacity to lead the administration in a residential institution.
Age limit: Preferably below 57 Years.
- In addition to the responsibilities assigned to the Registrar by the Institutes of Technology Act, 1961 and Statutes of Indian Institutes of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad(as amended from time to time) shall include (but are not limited to) the following:
- To provide required support to Director for running/ day-to-day activities of the Institute.
- To coordinate with government agencies, statutory bodies, and other institutions/organizations.
- Corporate communication.
- To supervise sections/ wings of the Institute Administration assigned to her/him by the Director.
- Preparation of agenda notes for the meetings of the Board of Governors, Finance Committee, Senate and other committees where she/he is a secretary/member secretary. Recordings of minutes of such meetings. Keeping records of the apex bodies of the
Institute, issue of notices for the convening of meetings of all committees and subcommittees appointed by any of these authorities, where she/he is Secretary/Member Secretary. Taking action and submitting compliance report/ Action taken report on the approvals/ directions/recommendations/advices of such bodies.
- To be the custodian of the records and such other property of the Institute as the Board of Governors may commit to her/his charge, and to ensure proper record keeping and digitization of records.
- Human Resource Development of Non-teaching employees, including recruitment, training, promotions, and incentives, etc. for attracting and retaining talent.
- To handle legal matters of the Institute, and to represent Institute in suits or proceedings by or against the Institute, sign power of attorney and perform pleadings or depute her/his representative for the same.
- Act as Appellate Authority under RTI Act, 2005 and Nodal Officer for Public Grievances.
- To ensure adherence of Institute rules and regulations, and statutory compliances.
- To conduct the official correspondence on behalf of the Institute.
- To enter into an agreement, sign documents and authenticate records on behalf of the Institute.
- To safeguard the movable and immovable assets of the Institute.
- To perform other duties as assigned by the Director or Board of Governors of the Institute from time to time.
- Application is required to be submitted online latest by 31st October, 2021 using the NonFaculty Recruitment module available on this page.
- Recruitment fee Rs. 1000/-
You may also be interested in: