Hindustan Unilever is looking to hire an R&D Associate for Foods & Refreshment based in Bangalore for the year 2021.
Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL) is an Indian consumer goods company headquartered in Mumbai, India. It is a subsidiary of Unilever, a British company. Its products include foods, beverages, cleaning agents, personal care products, water purifiers and other fast-moving consumer goods.
HUL was established in 1931 as Hindustan Vanaspati Manufacturing Co. and following a merger of constituent groups in 1956, it was renamed Hindustan Lever Limited. The company was renamed in June 2007 as Hindustan Unilever Limited.
- New food product & process development skills
- Consumer insight capture
- Data analysis
- Tech savvy & Technical writing skill
- Legal & Regulatory knowledge
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Creative and analytical mindset
- Project Management
- Ability to work in cross functional team
- Qualification: M.Sc. / B.Tech Food tech / Dairy Technology.
- Experience: Preferably 1 – 3 years in R&D Foods – Product development.
Product Design (Innovation/Renovation) – Savoury
- Formulation design for Knorr brands of South Asia region
- Product development work stream leader in the cross functional project team. Work on key regional projects being rolled out in South Asia.
- Develop formulation prototyping at lab for innovation/improvement.
- Responsible for specification of formulation, process and Quality Assurance regimes to support / enforce these specs agreed technical action standards.
- Responsible for development of application recipes, understand consumer tastes /perspective, cooking habits / techniques through consumer researches and translate the same into key attributes of new products developed working along with consumer insight teams.
- Drive project management in line with functional excellence for all key projects.
- Responsible for OTIF delivery & project execution in line with IPM tool
Value Improvement projects – Savoury
- Identify potential areas of flexing current specification/formulation to drive potential savings.
- Competition bench marking & tracking
Capability – Savoury
- Responsible for risk management & claims support. Ensure compliance to Unilever standard, legal & regulatory compliance
- Develop processing capability for all product formats at pilot scale and support scale up to main plant
- Develop capability to be able to produce finished product of the desired quality with a range of raw materials within the specified range.
- Establish shelf life for the developed formulation
- Support development of KBS & selling stories of product