General Electric, Bengaluru invites job applications for Quality Assurance Engineer post for the year 2021. Interested and eligible candidates can open on the official website.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with basic experience.
Desired Characteristics/ Technical expertise
- Has a solid understanding of the underlying infrastructure needed to deploy and run a large Windows enterprise, client/server software architecture
- Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
- Has the ability to make basic technology choices based on experience
- Has the ability to create and maintain test automation frameworks
- Has the ability to create and maintain automated system tests using popular test automation tools and frameworks
- Has the ability to actively participate and contribute in Sprint Planning, Review and Retrospective ceremonies as part of a cross functional scrum team
- Has the ability to take ownership of product quality and all tasks related to product quality as part of a cross functional software engineering scrum team
- Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry.
In this role, you will:
- Break down problems and estimate time required for quality related tasks
- Demonstrate increasing expertise in application domain and functional areas
- Apply various testing types and methodologies effectively during SDLC
- Take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
- Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
- Work independently and delivers testing and use case creation which meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
- Write effective tests according to best practices so that crucial functional requirements are verified and tests remain valid when code is refactored
- Begin to collaborate with development team in bugs fixing and build plans
- Collaborate with Quality Leaders in creating test plans
- Implement and configures testing tools and at times help junior staff
- Implement system-level integration testing
- Be skilled in core data structures and algorithms
- Collaborate with product support teams on customer support cases
- Define quality metrics, best practices and coding patterns, and provides deep expertise on the coding.