Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the post of Project Research Associate at IIT Bombay.
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay is a public technical and research university located in Powai in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. IIT Bombay was founded in 1958. In 1961, the Parliament decreed IITs as Institutes of National Importance.
About the Project
Appointment in WCRL Advanced Manufacturing and Materials
Essential Qualifications & Experience
M. Tech. in Mechanical/Manufacturing/Production /Metallurgical Engineering/Materials Science
- Proven expertise in handling high end machines used in manufacturing or materials testing and characterization tools (UTM, Fatiguetester etc.)
- Experience in-optical and electron microscopy
- Good written and oral communication
- Exposure to XRD, texture and residual stress characterization
- Good computational skills
- The candidate will provide support in setting up of world class research labs in advanced manufacturing and materials. This will include, but not limited to, coordination with OEM/vendors, erection contractors and laboratory PIs, etc.
- He will also support both the internal and external users of different facilities, once operations start
- He will also be involved in facilities management
- He will support the research of the faculty and students associated with the Advanced Manufacturing and Materials Lab
Level PR:O1: Salary range from Rs.33600 to Rs. 67200 + Rs.6250.00/- Out Of Campus Allowance (if applicable) p.m.
- The Position is temporary initially for a period of 1 Year and tenable only for the duration of the project. The appointment is for time bound project and the candidate is required to work mainly for the successful completion of the project .
- The selection committee may offer lower or higher designation and lower or higher salary depending upon the experience and performance of the candidate in the interview.
- Candidates called for interview will be required to attend at their own expenses.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the post through this link.
September 24, 2021