GB Pant Institute of Himalayan Environment, Uttarakhand invites applications from highly interested and motivated candidates for following purely project-based temporary positions under various projects at Kosi-Katarmal (Almora) campus of the Institute.
Post Details Under Various Projects
1. Project Title
Estimation of economic losses in real term per hectare basis due to forest fire in Uttarakhand and Madhya Pradesh
a) Research Associates
- Vacancy: 2 Nos.
- Salary: 36000/Month + HRA @ 8% per month
- Age Limit: 35 Years
- Essential Qualification: First-class M.Sc. in Forestry / Botany (Specialization in Forest Ecology)/ Environmental Sciences / Environmental Economics / Natural Resource Economics from a recognized University / Institute and Ph.D. in relevant subjects.
- Desirable: 1. Published research work on the impact of forest fire /climate change on forests of hills/mountains 2. Quantification and valuation methods of forest ecosystem services /Nontimber forest products 3. Experience of applying Statistics / RS & GIS in the field of forest ecology
- Nature of Duties & Responsibilities: 1. Undertake intensive fieldwork in fire-prone forests of Uttarakhand / Madhya Pradesh and collect primary/secondary data on loss of forest wealth due to forest fire and people’s dependence on forests for various goods and services. 2. Data compilation, data syntheses, report writing and presentation of project findings at various forums.
b) Junior Research/ Project Fellow
- Vacancy: 4 Nos.
- Salary: JRF- Rs. 25,000 + HRA @ 8% per month for NET /GATE qualified candidates, Project Fellows- Rs. 16,000 + 8% HRA per month for nonNET/GATE qualified candidates
- Age Limit: 28 Years
- Essential Qualification: First-class Masters degree in Forestry / Botany (Specialization in Forest Ecology) Environmental Sciences / Sociology / Economics /Masters degree/diploma in Natural Resource Economics / Environmental Economics from a recognized University / Institute.
- Desirable: Working experience on the impact of forest fire /climate change on forests/quantification and valuation methods to estimate forest products /Nontimber forest products / socioeconomic and household surveys among rural people/use of statistics / RS & GIS in the field of forest ecology.
- Nature of Duties & Responsibilities: Undertake intensive fieldwork in fire-prone forests of Uttarakhand / Madhya Pradesh and stay in the study sites to collect primary / secondary data from local people on the loss of forest wealth due to the forest fire and people’s dependence on forests for various goods and services / Data compilation, data syntheses and report writing.
C) Field-cumLab. Assistants
- Vacancy: 2 Nos.
- Salary: Rs. 10,000/- per month fixed
- Age Limit: 30 Years
- Essential Qualification: Intermediate with science stream and 2 yrs. field/laboratory work experience on forests related projects of the mountain regions.
- Desirable: Proficiency in computer knowledge/database management / Hindi and English typing work/record keeping / Finance related work
- Nature of Duties & Responsibilities: Assist the project researchers in fieldwork/lab. work/household surveys in the forests of villages Uttarakhand / Madhya Pradesh and stay in the study sites/forests to collect primary data/computer data entry.
2. Project Title
Undertaking a study to define the extent and intensity of habitat degradation, to identify the drivers of degradation and prepare a study proposal for developing model mitigation plan in alpine and sub-alpine areas in SECURE Himalaya project landscapes of Uttarakhand”-UNDP
a) Junior Project Fellow
- Vacancy: 01 No.
- Salary: Rs 16,000/- P.M.+8% HRA or minimum Rs. 1800/-
- Age Limit: 28 Years
- Essential Qualification: First Class Masters degree in Geography/RS&GIS/Forestry /Environmental Science/ Botany or B. Tech. in Computer Science
- Desirable: Experience of working in Remote Sensing and Geographic information system (RS & GIS)
3. Project Title
Mainstreaming landscape approach for biodiversity conservation, improved livelihoods and ecosystem health in Kailash scared landscape part of India.
a) Senior Project Fellow
- Vacancy: 01 No.
- Salary: Rs 18,000/= (Fixed Per Month) + HRA as per Institute norms.
- Age Limit: 32 years
- Essential Qualification: First-class Master degree in Biological/ Environmental Sciences with two years of research experience
- Job description and Desirable Qualification: Conduct intensive research in remote mountain villages, Develop restoration model at different locations in the Pithoragarh district
4. Project Title
Promoting restoration programme on degraded lands through medicinally important species – a participatory approach
a) Field Attendant
- Vacancy: 1 No.
- Salary: Rs 10000/= P.M.+ 8% HRA
- Age Limit: 40 years
- Essential Qualification: 12th pass with 3 years experience in relevant field
- Desirable: 1. Experience of working in hilly areas 2. Experience of land preparation for the development of restoration model 3. Posting will be done in respective project sites *Relaxation in upper age limit for SC/ST/OBC/Women/Physically handicapped candid.
How to apply?
Candidate having appropriate qualifications in relevant subject/specialization with consistently good academic records and experience may send their CV in the prescribed format available here with all supporting documents to the undersigned by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before 25 May, 2020. The shortlisted candidates will be informed separately about the date of interview.
For official notification click here
You may also be interested in: