Applications are invited for Project Manager Infrastructure Development at IIM Bangalore for the year 2021. The last date of application is 30 November.
Primary responsibility of the incumbent is to ensure completion of projects within the guidelines prescribed by the institute in terms of available time, money and manpower. This job envisages aspects such as estimating cost, evaluating different cost options, evaluating vendors / builders, defining timelines and analyzing manpower requirements for the required projects.
The incumbent needs to handle the design, construction and commissioning of the new facilities, ensuring quality and timely completion of the projects; the incumbent is required to supervise and guide the team members, and interact with the end users for understanding their space and facility requirements.
The incumbent is responsible for monitoring the progress of the various projects to ensure on time delivery within the budget. S/he needs to have technical discussion with various agencies like contractors, PMC and design consultants. S/he needs to also monitor and provide the required technical information to the Statutory Auditors for getting the statutory approvals from them.
- Candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering and should have been in a management capacity in a leading public sector/government institution/Infrastructure/project management organization.
- Desirable: A Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering, with specialization in Structures, Construction Management, Building Technology.
- Should have minimum of 16 years of experience of which major experience should be with a Project Management Company/public sector/government institution. The Candidate should have a minimum of 5-10 years of experience heading/managing large projects.
- The candidate should have good knowledge and application of IT based project management tools.
- The candidate should have handled large building projects and also have exposure to dispute resolving measures.
- Should be aware of Bureau of Indian Standards and Safety Standards on works.
- Should be fluent in English and Kannada.
- Responsible for providing technical advice and resolving project bottlenecks to ensure implementation of the projects as per plan.
- To approve project design in synchronization as per plan.
- To monitor, review and approve project resource requirements and track project progress.
- To liaison with internal and external stakeholders and ensure quality and on time project delivery
- Drawing up list of vendors, preparation of bills of materials, drawing up specifications and participate in the process of negotiations, prepare draft purchase/work order and certify the bills of vendors for all contracts.
- To coordinate the Onsite Construction Management by PMC’s Staff, comprising a Team of Project Managers and Construction/Service Engineers to monitor progress and quality of work.
- Responsible for coordination and interaction with the architects, engineers and the vendors for ensuring quality delivery of the projects complying with the set timelines and standards. S/he also interfaces with the Estate, Administration and the finance department to ensure smooth running of the projects.
- Bottom line responsibility on project cost, quality of work and timely completion and back-up support on attending to snags, if any, will be taken by PMC to the extent of scope of work entrusted to them and clearly defined.
- Motivating and develop team members and help imbibe leadership skills among them. S/he is also expected to build team capability in specific tasks to enable effective project implementation.
- Any other work assigned by the Institute from time to time.
- Familiar and exposure to government guidelines on Project Management of infrastructure projects
- Knowledge of MS Office, MSP,PERT/CPM, Project planning & management, Budgeting, Cost & material reconciliation, Value Engineering, Cross functional collaboration, MIS generation, Technical scenario planning, Project management, Understanding of Budgeting and costing in large estate, Tendering procedures, Negotiating Skills, Innovation, Creativity, Decision making, Interpersonal skills, People management, Multi-tasking, Attention to details, Networking.
- Strong commitment to service and capacity to collaborate and communicate with diverse communities – faculty, students, non-academic staff and outside institutions.
- Strong communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and motivational skills and the ability to work closely with multiple external stakeholders.
Interested candidates can apply via this page.
Closing date for applications is November 30, 2021.
Click here to view the official notification of Project Manager Infrastructure Development at IIM Bangalore.
You may also be interested in: