School of Engineering, IIT Mandi invites applications from citizens of India for filling up the position of Project Engineer/JRF in a time-bound research for a temporary period purely on contractual basis.
Dr. Himanshu Pathak
Design analysis of adhesively bonded composite patch repair of cracked aluminum aircraft panels.
The position is purely temporary and is initially offered for six months and can be extended based on the performance of the candidate for the duration of the project (up to July 2021).
₹ 15,000 to ₹ 25,000/- per month (consolidated) depending on qualification.
Minimum Qualification and Experience
B.Tech. or B.E. in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 60% marks or 6 CGPA (preferablyGATE qualified), or M.Tech. or M.E. in Mechanical/Design/CAD-CAM Engineering or related areas with a minimum of 70% marks or 7.0 CGPA.
- Structural Design Analysis using FEM based ABAQUS/ANSYS Package,
- Computational code development within MATLAB platform for mechanical design.
- Conduct experimental investigation on Fracture and Fatigue Test, XRD, TEM, TGA and SEM.
Candidate should be good at computational work, able to write MATLAB code, interpretation of data scientific and appreciable scientific writing skills.
How to Apply
Candidates meeting the above-stated qualification and experience should bring their latest CV, a passport size photograph, one set of photocopies of their educational certificates starting from class 10th (mark sheets or transcripts), experience certificates (if any), and a Letter of Recommendation during interview.
The date of the interview shall be 26th September 2019 (Thursday) at 10.00 am at IIT Mandi, Kamand Campus, Mandi, Himachal Pradesh.
Terms and Conditions
- The selected candidate may have to join immediately.
- After joining, the candidate may get institute accommodation based on the availability as per institute norms.
- No TA/DA will be paid for the interview.
- The decision of the selection committee regarding the candidates being selected for the aforementioned post is final.
- The selection committee reserves the right to fill up or not fill up the advertised post.