ICRISAT seeks applications for the position of Project Coordinator to support the Global Head – Breeding in transformation of the Breeding programs in India and Sub-Saharan Africa. The position is based at ICRISAT Patancheru, Telangana, India.
This role is responsible for assisting in processes that progress the breeding teams and the complimentary disciplines through a structural change agenda. The Candidate will collaborate with HR as well as work closely with the Global and Regional research teams and Directors, broader global functions (e.g. Communications, Finance, etc.), breeding and agronomic operations teams to design and deliver solutions that meet both the institute and stakeholder needs.
He/She will have a critical role in strategic initiatives that are being launched to transform our Crop Improvement organization.
- Minimum 5 years of Project Management experience with reputed private or public-sector organizations. A certification in Project Management (PMP) is desired. The candidate should hold a Post Graduate degree, preferably in Project Management.
- A consultative approach coupled with subject matter expertise across change management, project management and in research organizations is desired.
- Should be a problem solver and forward thinker – we don’t just fix the immediate ask, but take ambiguous issues, break them down to understand the root cause, and then design an approach and solution that not only adapts outside thinking, but also brings stakeholders along.
- Building relationships will also be critical to the success of the role – strong written and verbal communication skills are a must. He / She need to be able to effectively tailor their communications since the work is across all levels of our organization, from director level and senior leaders, to local teams.
- Support the broader Breeding Modernization initiative to define and document the roadmap for implementation including global design, rollout and preparing the organization for change at headquarters in India.
- Support strategic alignment activities including understanding the impact of global decisions on functional processes in particular related to the new organizational structure, linking Product Profiles to the teams delivering on the objectives defined in the Profiles.
- Support the Functional Process owners to develop statements of work, global design and functional stakeholder engagement that reflect the needs of the Crop Improvement organization.
- Manage ad hoc projects to support project implementation and shaping the new organizational structure.
- Define and support the stakeholder engagement plan and broader project communications
Applicants should apply on or before 29 May 2020, with their latest resume, and the names and contact information of three references that are knowledgeable about their professional qualifications and work experience.
For application & more details, click here.