Wildlife Conservation Society, Bangalore invites job applications for the post of Project Associate and Data Analyst for the year 2020. Interested candidates can check out full details below.
Data Analyst – Monitoring and Evaluation
- Enter and manage M&E data in database
- Analysis of data collected through various CWT interventions
- Reporting on program indicators and targets
- Assist in conducting surveys and evaluations
- Assist with all other Monitoring and Evaluation activities
- Educational qualification – Bachelor’s Degree in Wildlife Sciences, Biology, Management, Computer Science
- 1-2 years work experience in a relevant field
- Strong computer and software skills
- Strong analytical, mathematical and statistical skills
- Strong language and communication skills
- Experience handling any database software preferred
- Working knowledge of Powerbi, Tableau, SPSS preferred
- Fluency in English. Fluency in Hindi or any regional language preferred
- Passion to conserve wildlife and the environment
How to Apply:
Kindly send in your CV along with a letter of intent to cwt[at]wcsindia.org with the subject line “Application for Data Analyst – Monitoring and Evaluation”. Last date for application is 13th May 2020. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more details, click here.
Required Qualification, Skills & Abilities:
- Post-graduate degree, preferably a Master’s degree in Wildlife Sciences, Marine Biology, Social Sciences Conservation Biology or allied disciplines.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English and any one coastal language.
- Sensitivity in working with fishing communities and other stakeholders.
- Experience in drafting proposals, report writing or other forms of written communication such as academic or popular articles.
- Ability to work independently and to collaborate effectively as a member of a team.
- Knowledge of handling, analyzing and visualizing data using GIS and basic data analysis tools such as Microsoft Excel, R, SPSS etc.
- Highly motivated with good understanding of the various issues and policies related to conservation and management of marine biodiversity.
- Experience in conducting outreach programs and workshops for relevant stakeholders is desirable.
- A valid Driving License is desirable.
- Willingness to travel as and when required.
- Providing technical and strategic inputs and implement relevant activities towards achieving the project objectives
- Responsible for activity planning and implementation for relevant project.
- Developing and sustaining alliances with relevant stakeholders such as local communities, NGOs, State and Central Government agencies and other relevant institutions.
- Liaising with State Forest, Fisheries and Tourism Departments, and the relevant Ministries to facilitate collaborative efforts, statutory clearance and compliances.
- Collecting and analyzing data and providing inputs on the planning and implementation of project activities.
- Assist in preparation & development of reports, WCS-India’s internal publications and manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals.
- Assisting in the development and delivery of awareness/capacity building presentations to the academic community, government agencies, other stakeholders and existing or potential private sector donors as required.
To apply: Please send together in one file cover letter and updated resume. Submit your application use position title “Project Associate-S&R, Bengaluru” in the subject line and send us on marine[at]wcsindia.org All applications will be reviewed however only shortlisted candidates will be notified for further process.
For more details, click here.