WRI India is seeking a qualified full-time consultant to support the Climate team with a study that aims to analyze how India can feasibly reduce its emissions across key sectors towards long-term climate-compatible growth. This position will support development of global and sectoral carbon budgets as well as sectoral roadmaps and milestones, in an effort to develop long-term low-carbon growth pathways for India that align with temperature targets.
The consultant will do literature review, collect data, conduct consultations and workshops with experts and policymakers, undertake quantitative analysis and document the analysis in a comprehensive publication. The consultant should have an excellent understanding of energy/climate landscape in the country, experience of working with stakeholders, prior energy/economic modeling/forecasting experience, and demonstrated experience in working with large datasets.
- Graduate degree in engineering or economics
- At least 3-5 years of experience in energy or GHG emissions or economics modelling is required
- Familiarity with India’s energy systems and climate policy is a requirement
- Proficiency in quantitative and qualitative data analysis is a requirement
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is a requirement
- Experience with conducting stakeholder consultations is desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work calmly and enthusiastically under high pressure and manage multiple tasks.
- Organize and conduct workshops, consultations and interviews with experts and policymakers
- Coordinate with project manager and partners to carry out quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Contribute to working papers/reports resulting from the study.