WRI India is looking for a bright, hardworking Urban designer to join our Urban Transport team in Mumbai. This individual will manage design activities of urban road projects, traffic projects and perform accident data analysis. The individual may also be required to assist other departments as needed. The successful candidate will work closely with his/her supervisor.
- Masters Degree in Urban Design, Urban Planning, Transportation Planning/Engineering with graduation in Architecture or civil engineering from recognized university/institution
- 3-5 years’ experience in Consultancy firms/ Urban Local Bodies/ Regional Authority.
- Perform design tasks, plans preparation, report & presentations and calculations for various urban transportation and road safety projects.
- Perform cost estimates, quantity estimates and specifications.
- Conduct and coordinate primary & secondary surveys and accident data collection.
- Check calculations, reports and drawings.
- Working knowledge of Auto CADD is preferred.
- Troubleshoot barriers to progress and identify opportunities for rapid success.
- Experience in Urban Traffic and Transportation Engineering/ Planning projects
- Familiar with primary surveys, design of roads, intersections, accident data collection & analysis etc.
- Urban traffic safety viz., pedestrian and vehicular safety
- Strong organizational and verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent academic performance and strong analytical capability.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly both orally and in writing, with excellent demonstrated skills in English.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; experience managing complex processes or projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to build a strong network of professional relationships.
- Comfort working with the staff at all levels of experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced environment and to juggle multiple assignments with little supervision.
For more details, click here.