ICRISAT seeks applications for Project Associate in Molecular Breeding to work in rice genetic improvement in a multi-disciplinary team comprising scientists from various disciplines. This position is required to conduct field and laboratory research on superior haplotype introgression of superior genes for traits important.
The candidate will consolidate, evaluate and analyse research data related to haplotype-based breeding using appropriate advanced statistical tools independently. Contribute to the preparation of reports and publications, and presentations by summarizing research findings and draft manuscripts.
The position will be based at IRRI-SA Hub, ICRISAT Campus, Patancheru. The position is within the Rice Breeding Platform-South Asia Region. It will report to the Regional Breeding Lead – South Asia.
- M.Sc in Plant Breeding/Genetics/Biotechnology/ Molecular Biology
- One-year work experience in Molecular Breeding
- Statistical skills, knowledge of computer applications and software for data collection, management, and analysis
- Respectable publication record, as evidenced by research papers in refereed journals
- Aptitude to work collegially and collaboratively in diverse, multicultural environments
- Good experience in rice molecular research
- Fluency in spoken and written English is essential
- Assist in validation of haplotype-based SNP markers to be utilized in the introgression programs
- Conduct field and laboratory research on superior haplotype introgression in the different genetic background for targeted traits
- Analyzing Haplo-NILs for agronomic parameters together with the targeted traits.
- Consolidate, evaluate and analyze research data related to progenies developed through introgression of superior haplotypes for different traits into targeted varieties using appropriate advanced statistical tools independently.
- Drafting of manuscripts for publication in refereed journals, provide inputs to project reports, prepare posters and papers for presentation at local and international conferences.