UNDP invites job applications for the post of Project Assistant – Plastic Waste Recycling Management for the year 2020 at Surat and Vijayawada locations. Interested one can check out full details below.
- Essential: Bachelor’s degree in social science, rural management, environment engineering with waste management or related area.
- Desirable: Master’s degree in the related field.
- Experience: A minimum of 2 years of experience with minimum 1 year in Waste Management, Preferably plastic waste management. Good analytical, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills on the impacts from project. Good command of Resources Based management tools.
IT/computing skills (minimum: Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive constructive attitude;
Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
Ability to prioritize assignments and requirements, and multitask as needed;
Ability to work independently with limited supervision
Ability to integrate technology into various aspects of the project for planning, rollout and monitoring.
- Liaison and Network with various stake holders, both government and nongovernment, during the execution of the projects in coordination with Implementing Partner (IP). Ensure proper letters are issued for augmenting the collection of at least 5 MTs of all plastic by IP.
- Organize Capacity building, Resource mobilization and Knowledge management programs related to project activities in coordination with IP, particularly oversight the book-keeping; accounts and the business model approach. Initiate the required trainings at the IP level and related stakeholders.
- Facilitate through IP, enterprise development by creating women self-help group to empower women.
- Act as a focal point in the city for UNDP. Ensure partnerships to happen with all types of bulk generators, a minimum of 10 institutions per month.
- Perform any other tasks assigned from time to time by the senior management at IP and UNDP.