Teach for India invites job applications for Program Manager post for the year 2020. Program Managers play a critical role in the continuous support and development of Fellows across cities.
They serve as managers and coaches for a group of 16-18 Fellows towards creating individuals who drive excellence in the classroom and a deep sense of clarity and conviction in the long-term movement. Program Managers support Fellows through training, facilitating spaces for collaboration, regular classroom observation, continuous feedback and coaching cycles.
As the first point-of-contact between Fellows and the organization, they are also responsible for cultivating a strong and productive ecosystem in the city and a positive team culture across their team and the larger city cohort.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-year Teach For India Fellowship experience & 1+ year(s) of work experience as a Program Manager in the Education space
- Willingness to work remotely and be available for in-person meetings as and when the local Government announces relaxations with respect to the lockdown
- Strong pedagogical practice in alignment to our Student Vision and the TAL Framework (based on what we finalise next year)
- Demonstrate emotional maturity, trust, effective relationship-building and teamwork with adults in order to achieve results
- Clear, confident, and engaging communication
- Strong reasoning, problem-solving skills – including analysing data to respond to the needs of Fellows through the Fellowship
- Ability to establish and manage a community of Fellows towards achieving collective and personal goals eds
- Strong desire to learn new things and grow professionally
- Making informed, timely decisions and using sound judgment to prioritize actions
- Inspiring committed and positive action toward individual and organizational goals
Performance Management and Coaching (Individual and Group Coaching)
- Managing a group of approximately 16-18 Year 1 and Year 2 Fellows to achieve ambitious outcomes in their classrooms:
Enable and support Fellows to design their classroom and leadership development goals and ensure accountability towards the same through regular interventions
Observing Fellows in their classrooms to gather data on student learning and teacher proficiency
Reviewing and providing feedback on lesson plans, unit plans, assessments, etc. d. Analysing student achievement data and problem solving with Fellows to prioritize the teacher actions that most impact student performance
Building strong relationships and a strong team culture among their cohort of Fellows and investing them in their potential impact in the movement
Design and facilitate on-going learning experiences, both at an individual and group level (e.g Learning Circles, Coaching Conversations) that allow Fellows to connect all aspects of the Leadership Development Framework towards being ambassadors of the movement.
Collect, analyze and respond accurately and effectively to group-wide data sets and evidence to understand underlying causes and design appropriate support.
Build a focus on personal transformation, collective action, and educational equity by facilitating individual leadership conversations and connecting Fellows to learning opportunities within the City ecosystem for their development as teachers and leaders.
Building a Strong City Culture
- Build and execute a robust culture strategy for the Fellow team that is focused on the three commitments.
- Facilitate and enable shared learning, support and strong self and peer accountability within the Learning Circle and School Teams.
- Clarify and reinforce adherence to organisational and school policies, practices and procedures within their Learning Circles.
Fellow Skill Building
- Build capacity in Fellows to use a wide range of data (qualitative and quantitative) to set, refine and analyze progress towards goals, evaluate and increase effectiveness.
- Lead, motivate and hold Fellows accountable to creating opportunities towards developing interpersonal, communication and professional skills.
Role as ambassadors of the movement
- Maintaining positive relationships with school administration, HM, and various stakeholders
- Support the regional city team in inputting into training design for city wide spaces (Unit Training, MY Retreat, City Conference etc.)
- Selection and Matriculation
Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad.