The Institute is looking for an outstanding candidate as a Professor in Physics in a leadership role at the Institute nurturing a talented group of young faculty members in frontier areas of physics such as astrophysics and high energy physics, observational astronomy, soft matter, condensed matter, nonlinear dynamics, computational physics and quantum materials.
The candidates must have a broad vision and passion for establishing a competitive physics research and teaching program at the Institute towards meeting the future challenging needs of the country. The recruitment and appointment shall be governed by the statutes of the Institute and provisions of the NITSER Act.
- PhD with first class or equivalent in preceding Master’s degree, with a very good academic record and a minimum of 10 years’ experience of which at least 4 years should be at the level of Associate Professor in IITs, IISc Bangalore and IISERs or at an equivalent level in any such other Indian or foreign institution or institutions of comparable standards.
- Outstanding record of consistent research publications and demonstrated evidence of research leadership in major areas of theoretical or experimental physics.
- Excellent teaching skills at UG/PG (BS-MS) level.
- Recipient of professional /peer academic recognitions/ Fellowships of National Science Academies and/or professional societies.
- Age: Preferably below 60 years
The application must include their most recent CV with all academic and professional details from graduate level onwards, list of publications, statement of research, proposed research plans, teaching philosophy, and academic administrative experience.
They should also provide a list of their top 10 publications and contacts of a minimum of 5 experts, who can write support letters based on their professional/personal knowledge. (All the above details must be submitted as soft copy in single pdf file).
Suitable candidates may also be nominated by Fellows of Academies, Directors and Vice Chancellors, with a softcopy of CV and a letter of support, highlighting suitability of the candidate for the position.
The application with all the above details may be sent to facultyrecruitment[at]iisertirupati.ac.in with subject line as “Application for the post of Professor in Physics” on or before 30 January 2021.