Applications are invited for the post of Production Editor at Wiley, Noida/ Pune for the year 2021. Online applications are open on the official website.
This role will manage the relationships between all stakeholders involved in the Journal content management process, with particular emphasis on delivering first-class service to journal editors and editorial offices. The successful candidate will work closely with our vendors in order to oversee the production of a package of journals/articles from receipt of manuscripts to final print/online publication to an agreed standard of quality, cost, budgeted extent and to agreed schedules.
Wiley is one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career.
It may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
- Relevant qualification (degree or equivalent) and/or production editor experience in German language
- Experience of working in an office and/or administration
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills with the ability to proactively identify and address problems quickly and independently
- Strong communication skills both verbal and in writing
- Oversee production process for a journal workload package of journal titles: from receipt of materials through publication online and in print to agreed standards, lead times and within scheduled publication dates.
- Inform editors, managing editors, authors and all external clients of production progress and their role in the process.
- Monitor quality of copyediting, typesetting, author and editor corrections, and overall quality of online and print products.
- Ensure all services provided by suppliers (e.g. proof production, proof collation, issue management, online QA) are carried out to the highest standards, providing regular and constructive feedback via agreed Company processes as and when required
- Work with journal publishers and editorial office colleagues to contribute to journal development through subject team meetings and other informal mechanisms.
- Liaise with societies and editorial offices to promote efficient manuscript transfer and other inputs into the production process in accordance with agreed company procedures, identifying areas for improvement and coaching external contacts as necessary.
You may also be interested in: