The Computational Nanoscience and Interfacial Science Lab at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur invites application for the post of Project Postdoctoral Fellow in the SERB project “Understanding The Self-Assembly Of Amphiphilic Molecules In Supercooled Solvents Using Molecular Simulations”.
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (also known as IIT Kanpur or IITK) is a public technical and research university located in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. It was declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India under the Institutes of Technology Act.
The candidate would be responsible for developing a machine learning/ deep learning module to accelerate the discovery of molecules/ materials for a specific application. The work is in collaboration with Prescience Insilico Pvt. Ltd.
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering/Computational Physics/ Computational Physical Chemistry
- The candidate should have a strong background in statistical mechanics, molecular simulations, and thermodynamics.
- The candidate should have significant experience in classical molecular simulations, particularly Monte Carlo and Molecular Dynamics.
- The candidate should have rich experience in coding in python, C, C++ and experience of the Linux environment and software codes such as LAMMPS, PLUMED, GROMACS.
- Experience in methods such as Enhance Sampling methods (such as metadynamics, umbrella sampling, FFS), nucleation theory and simulations, force-field generation would be considered favorably.
Duration & Salary
- The appointment for the above posts initially will be for 1 year, which will be extended with mutual consent If performance of the candidate is good,
- The post is purely temporary and on a contractual basis.
- Consolidated Salary: 50000-55000-60000
How to Apply?
Interested candidates should send their application along with the resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The selection will be based on Zoom/ Skype online Interviews. Short-listed candidates will be informed with an email about the date of the interview. Interested candidates may be applied on email giving full details of qualification, experience with copies of relevant certificate by 25 June. 2021.
You might also be interested in:
- Project Engineer at IIT Kanpur [3 Vacancies]: Apply by June 10.
- Project Engineer at IIT Kanpur [2 Vacancies]: Apply by June 21.