The Centre for Trade Facilitation and Logistics (CTFL) division of IIFT invites applications from outstanding and enthusiastic Senior researchers (SRF) for Postdoctoral Position for working on different issues relating to logistics competitiveness.
Essential Qualifications and Experience
- Ph.D. with First class or equivalent grade in preceding degree in respective discipline, with a consistently good academic record.
- Candidate must have knowledge of relevant issues on logistics that is the supply chain, logistics, and trade facilitation, etc.
- The maximum age is 40 years (to be relaxed by 5 years, in case of persons with a physical disability, SC and ST and 3 years in case of OBC-NCL).
- At-least 2 refereed journal/conference papers (of which at least 1 should be in
- Candidates who have recently submitted their doctoral thesis are also eligible to apply (they need to submit the proof of thesis submission at the time of interviews)
- Knowledge of statistical, econometric techniques and Trade databases
- Knowledge of data analytics/ Business Intelligence tools.
- Relevant experience/Knowledge of carrying out data analysis, exploratory research
- Excellent command over written and spoken English with good writing skills and
- Experience of report writing and project coordination
- High level of proficiency in English, presentation skills including PowerPoint
- Presentation and graphic presentation/animation
The duration of the fellowship will be purely on contract basis initially for a period of one year and extendable for one more year, if necessary. The candidate is expected to join the CTFL as soon as the offer letter has been released.
The candidate would be expected to work hard and travel in India and overseas on short notice. The Candidates are also required to come on Saturdays/Sundays, as and when needed in lieu of which compensatory off would be given.
The research fellow will receive a consolidated fellowship as below:
First Year: Rs. 45,000/- per month Second Year: Rs. 50,000/- per month (Note: the candidates with Ph.D. (submitted) will get consolidated fellowship of 40,000/- pm till they are awarded a degree, after the degree, they will be entitled to 45000/- pm fellowship) A higher start may be given to selected candidates.
Interested candidates having the above qualifications and experience can apply here with cover letter, curriculum vitae, list of publications.
In case of a large number of applications, the scrutiny committee may apply benchmarks higher than minimum essential/desirable qualifications to shortlist the candidates for interviews.
Only the shortlisted candidates shall be informed by e-mail to appear for the test and/or interview at IIFT Campus at B-21, Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi-110016.
31 December 2019