Inter-University Accelerator Centre, Delhi invites applications for following Post-doctoral positions from suitably qualified, dynamic, result-oriented and dedicated Indian nationals.
- Devasthal Optical Telescope Integral Field Spectrograph (DOTIFS)
- Multi-Wavelength Study of Solar Transients
- MeerKAT Absorption Line Survey (MALS)
- Developing ultrastable ultranarrow line-width laser for quantum metrology
- Designing and fabrication of Fabry-Perot cavity and developing laser frequency stabilization using it
Research areas at IUCAA
• Classical and Quantum Gravity
• Cosmic Magnetic Fields
• Cosmic Microwave Background
• Cosmology and Large Scale Structure
• Dark Matter and Dark Energy
• Diffuse Matter in Space
• Galactic and Extragalactic Astronomy
• Gravitational Waves
• High Energy Astrophysics
• Instrumentation for Astronomy
• Observational Astronomy (Optical, UV, X-ray, and Radio
• Solar Physics
• Solar System and Stellar Physics
1. Vaidya-Raychaudhuri Post-Doctoral Positions
Applications are invited from researchers with an outstanding track record for a newly constituted Vaidya-Raychaudhuri Post-doctoral Fellowship in Astronomy and Astrophysics. A post-doctoral fellow with excellent performance will be considered for a tenured position.
The duration of the fellowship is typically for two to three years but is extendable up to a maximum period of five years based on performance.
The fellowship will carry a remuneration of Indian Rs. 70,000/- per month for the first two years and Indian Rs.80,000/- per month in the subsequent years. There will be a contingency grant of Indian Rs.2,00,000/- per year throughout the tenure. The fellowship also includes rent-free accommodation on campus as well as medical and other benefits. Facilities required for research are provided institutionally.
2. Regular Post-Doctoral Positions
Applications are invited for post-doctoral fellowships in Astronomy and Astrophysics
for durations which are typically of two years, but are extendable up to a maximum of three years based on performance.
The Post-doctoral Fellows receive a fellowship of INR 54,000/- per month, a contingency grant of INR 40,000/- per annum, rent-free accommodation on campus as well as medical and other benefits as per IUCAA/Government of India norms. Facilities required for research are provided institutionally.
Facilities at IUCAA include a network of state-of-the-art computers, high-performance computing clusters, high-speed internet connections, mirror sites of important databases, a very well equipped instrumentation laboratory, and a library containing an excellent collection of books and periodicals.
3. Non-IUCAA funded Post-doctoral Fellows (NIF-PDF)
IUCAA accepts applications, at any time during the year, for “Non-IUCAA funded Post-doctoral Fellowship” positions in Astronomy and Astrophysics. Candidates may apply to IUCAA simultaneously with their submission of an application to funding agencies like DST if they would like to be hosted by IUCAA. If selected, IUCAA will make an offer for hosting NIF-PDF subject to being selected for funding by the agency.
The appointment of all NIF-PDFs will be on a yearly basis and their renewal is subject to satisfactory performance as decided by
(a) IUCAA, as well as by
(b) the funding agency.
They will need to qualify on both counts for the continuation of the position.
How to apply?
Applications can be made by sending an email to email@example.com. The applications should be accompanied by:
i) Curriculum Vitae [Mandatory fields: Full name, Date of birth, Gender, Nationality, Present Affiliation, Title of Ph.D. Thesis, Name and affiliation of Ph.D. Guide, Email address, Mobile Number(s), Telephone number(s), Name and address of at least two referees along with their email addresses]
ii) List of Publications
iii) Research areas of interest and Research Proposal
Applications shall be considered about four times a year, tentatively in mid-January, mid-April, mid-July, and mid-October. No decisions will be taken in between on individual requests for any kind of NIF-PDF.
Any candidate who has applied for a regular IUCAA PDF position and has not been selected in the previous years will not be eligible for the status of NIF-PDF. Such applications will not be considered.
How to apply?
To apply for position 1 & 2 Please click here.
- The last date for receipt of applications is March 31, 2020.
- The last date for submitting referees reports is April 5, 2020
- The selected candidates will be informed by the end of May 2020.