Applications are invited for Postdoctoral Fellows in the project “Indian Beamline for Nano Science and Technology at PETRA III at DESY Hamburg, Germany, Phase -II” to be placed at DESY, Hamburg, Germany under the Mission on Nano Science and Technology (Nano Mission) of the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India.
The project is coordinated by the JAWAHARLAL NEHRU CENTRE FOR ADVANCED SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH. The project aims to hire 2 to 4 Postdoctoral Fellows.
- The applicants should either hold a Ph.D. degree in Science or Engineering (preferably in the areas of Physics, Chemistry, or Materials Science) or have submitted the Ph.D. thesis, involving significant research experience in synchrotron X-ray-based techniques.
- Preference will be given to the candidates having significant experience in using synchrotron X-ray studies.
- The candidate (below 35 years of age as of 31st July 2021) should have a very good academic record and proven interests in Nano Science and Technology.
- The selected candidates are required to carry out experiments in PETRA- III DESY on behalf of the Indian researchers located in various Institutes in the country.
- The selected person may not have their own beamtime to carry out research activities.
- The term of the fellowship is initially for six months and depending on the performance of the candidate and the term of the project, the fellowship may be extended.
Selected candidates when posted in DESY will be paid Subsistence Allowance as per project guidelines (presently 100 USD per day).
The candidates will have an affiliation with JNCASR and will be paid a salary of Research Associate (RA) as per DST norm if they have a Ph.D. degree when they are posted in India. Those who have submitted the Ph.D. thesis but not awarded the degree yet will be paid remuneration of RA (provisional) as per the norms of JNCASR.
The candidates will be selected based on the recommendations of a Selection Committee after the scrutiny of their bio-data, research experience, and performance in the interview. Applicant’s academic and research record in X-ray synchrotron-related experiments will be the key factors for consideration of the application.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may submit their application along with an updated bio-data, a list of publications (attach reprints of 2 important papers), copies of all the certificates (B.Sc., M.Sc., Ph.D.), one-page synopsis of the Ph.D. thesis, and a summary of research carried out. The candidate should request one referee to send their confidential evaluation directly to the address given below.
A declaration stating that if selected for the fellowship, the candidate will complete the tenure should also be furnished. Applications along with the enclosures in the pdf form are sent to the Faculty Coordinator of the project: Prof. Kanishka Biswas, New Chemistry Unit, Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research, Jakkur, Bengaluru 560 064, India, through an e-mail, with the subject line “Application for Postdoc in PETRA -III DESY” to the e-mail address [email@example.com].
The last date to apply is July 31, 2021.
You might also be interested in:
- Project Linked Persons (Science) at ISI Kolkata [2 Positions]: Apply by June 30.
- Post Doctoral Fellow/ Research Associate Under SERB Funded Project at IISER Bhopal: Apply by June 30