Applications are invited for Polling Correspondent at Thomson Reuters, Bengaluru for the year 2021. Online applications are open on the official website.
The Reuters Polling team in Bangalore is seeking a Polling Correspondent to help drive the team’s coverage of the world’s largest economies, central bank policy and the price outlook for the most-traded asset classes in financial markets.
Working from an existing source list of thousands of professionals, the Polling Correspondent will develop and build new sources across a wider range of industries, looking for new ways to poll leading economists and market professionals on how central bankers are faring, playing a key role in framing and finalising questions that aim to address some of the biggest economic policy dilemmas.
- A clear and effective communicator with senior executives at financial institutions
- Comfortable with handling large quantities of data
- Keen to collaborate with colleagues on the team and elsewhere in Reuters on stories
- Strive to add to a file of initiative reporting and analysis based on our exclusive data
- A clear thinker, able to construct clear questions that generate data and news that are relevant to both our top financial customer and the wider news file
- Fluent with some and keen to learn more about financial markets, economics and central bank policy
- Flexible to work on a rotational working shift
Roles & Responsibilities
- Identify and keep up with market-moving economic events
- Plan and coordinate polls effectively
- Contribute to and lead regular discussions on subjects covered by the global team
- Develop strong relations with key sources and help expand our source lists to ensure the participants that matter most are always present on key polls
- Develop sector specialization through research and networking
- Be innovative and flexible by suggesting improvements, challenging accepted norms and introducing new ways of storytelling
- Participate in training programmes for new hires and mentor team members.
You may also be interested in:
- JOB POST: Catalog Associate FR at Amazon, Bengaluru: Apply Now
- JOB POST: Digital HR Specialist at Honeywell, Bangalore: Apply Now