World Bank Group, Chennai invites job applications for the post of Operations Analyst for the year 2020. The Operations Analyst will be part of the IDA Operations and Strategy unit, one of two units in DFCII, working closely with the IDA Finance team. Leveraging the current business models and client relationships of IFC and MIGA and complementing IDA’s support to policy and business environment reforms, the PSW aims to catalyze private sector investment in the world’s poorest and most fragile countries.
The use of PSW is also part of the evolving WBG approach to creating markets and mobilizing investment through the “cascade” approach, particularly in those countries where private sector interventions are most needed. Interested and eligible candidates can check out full details below.
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. economics, management, business administration, technical studies, or another field related to development);
- A minimum of two years of relevant work experience. Experience in World Bank operations would be a plus;
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills; demonstrated ability to conduct statistical analysis;
- Good understanding of bank trade capture system (iLap, Summit, MUREX, Numerix OneView) strongly preferred;
- High proficiency in Excel and Power Point is required. Strong quantitative skills in R or STATA, and Tableau would be a plus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English. Other languages a plus;
- Strong organizational, research/analytical and presentation skills;
- High degree of self-motivation; proven ability to work under minimum supervision and to follow through on work assignments;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
- Trade execution and Database Management
- Analytical work
- Support to operational work