About NIT Jamshedpur
National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur is an Institution of National Importance, by an Act of Parliament (Act 29 of 2007) namely, the National Institutes of Technology Act, 2007, which received the assent of the President of India on the 5th June 2007.
This was formerly known as Regional Institute of Technology (RIT) Jamshedpur and was established on 15th August 1960 with the aim of nurturing young engineers for the economic growth of the Nation. NIT Jamshedpur is situated in the western part of the city Jamshedpur.
The flowing river Kharkai and picturesque backdrop of low hills on one side, and large tracts of forest on the other side, make the 341.30 acres of rolling campus an ideal place for higher learning and research. NIT Jamshedpur has well-qualified faculty and dedicated supporting staff.
- Name of the Post: Principal Scientific, Superintendent Engg, Deputy Librarian, Medical Officer, Superintendent, Technical Assistant, Junior Engg, SAS Assistant, Technician, Senior Technician, Junior Assistant.
- Number of vacancies: 73 posts
- Location: Jamshedpur, Jharkhand
For the detailed eligibility criteria for a particular post at NIT Jamshedpur, visit this page.
- Last date for filling the online application is 04.10.2019 (5.00 P.M).
- The printed copy of online application form and self-attested copies of relevant testimonials, certificates, enclosures and fee etc. is required to be sent by speed/registered post only to the Registrar, National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur, Jamshedpur-831014, Jharkhand, India, so that it must reach by 15.10.2019, failing which, their candidature will not be considered. Application through courier services will not be accepted. Candidates are also required to upload softcopies of relevant testimonials, certificates etc. on Online Application Portal.
- The envelope containing the application must be super scribed as “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF ________________________________and the Application number_____________________.