Applications are invited for News Publishing Specialist at Thomson Reuters, Bangalore for the year 2021. Online applications are open on the official website.
About Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters is the world’s leading provider of news and information-based tools to professionals. Our worldwide network of journalists and specialist editors keep customers up to speed on global developments, with a particular focus on legal, regulatory and tax changes.
The successful candidate must have great editing skills and strong news judgment to juggle, select and package from the hundreds of news stories hitting the wires every hour. Other than managing the websites and top news pages, the publisher will work closely with Reuters’ main editorial services in deciding what our top stories are, and how we should present them to millions of readers.
Here is the profile we’re looking for and that we are looking to build in our online producers and news publishing specialists:
- You know news when you see it, and you know how to prioritize dozens of stories that are competing for attention in limited spaces.
- If you are filing stories to our website and apps, you know how to balance the needs of our public reading audience, and can select the strongest general and business news stories of the day. If you are filing to our professional terminal service, you can reimagine the presentation of that news for sophisticated financial industry subscribers who rely on us to make large and fast trading decisions.
- You know how to rewrite headlines, news ledes and captions to suit these different audience requirements.
- You read the news of the world daily from a variety of news sources and know the main headlines of the day in world business and finance
- You have a commitment to ethical journalism and a desire to suspend bias in favor of facts and a spirit of inquiry.
- You can master the often daunting challenge of finding photographs that properly illustrate stories, and are aware of the pitfalls associated with matching inappropriate images to news stories.
- You have at least one year experience on an editing desk or publishing team, covering financial news.
- You are a quick learner and adopter of new technologies.
- You can work evening and night shifts as well as day shifts in a rotation that changes every few weeks.
- Some knowledge/interest in financial reporting would be a plus
- A knowledge of packaging tools such as Adobe InDesign, MS Publisher, QuarkXpress, HTML, etc will also come in handy
You may also be interested in:
- JOB POST: Fresh Graduates as Associate-Workforce Services at Accenture, Chennai: Apply Now!
- JOB POST: Manager (Academics) at IIIT Delhi: Apply by Aug 6