UN Women invites job applications for National Consultants- Gender Equitable COVID19 Response for the year 2020. Interested candidates can check out full details below.
|Location :||Home Based with Travel Assignments, INDIA|
|Application Deadline :||25-Apr-20 (Midnight New York, USA)|
|Additional Category :||Gender Equality|
|Type of Contract :||Individual Contract|
|Post Level :||National Consultant|
|Languages Required :||English|
|Starting Date :|
(date when the selected candidate is expected to start)
|Duration of Initial Contract :||1 May to 30 June 2020 (15 Working Days)|
|Expected Duration of Assignment :||1 May to 30 June 2020 (15 Working Days)|
- Masters’ degree in Gender and Development Studies, or any Social Sciences.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in developing and implementing programmes on women’s economic empowerment with a focus on women businesses/ entrepreneurs
- Demonstrable understanding of gender, development, policy and praxis issues in the context of women’s economic empowerment with a focus on women workers in the informal sector and farmers
- Relevant papers, articles and knowledge products published
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
Specifically, the consultant will be responsible for the following deliverables:
- Analyse, support and strengthen Government stimulus packages in response to COVID-19 to address gender differentiated priorities and challenges faced by women owned small, medium and large businesses/ enterprises and women workers in global supply chains
- Identify risks and opportunities to offset damage to women’s economic power and promote public-private partnerships as a co-ordinated response.
- Use the analysis to engage donors, funders, private sector and foundations to ensure gender equitable strategies, interventions and allocation of resources for securing interests of small and medium women managed/owned businesses in economic revival and fiscal policy/plans, women run supply chains.
Click here for applications & more details on National Consultant 1 & Consultant 2.