Applications are invited Metadata Analyst at Thomson Reuters, Bengaluru for the year 2021. Online applications are open on the official website.
We are looking to hire a Metadata analyst who will be part of Reuters News Discovery and Metadata team in Bangalore. Do you live, breathe and think metadata? Are you someone who is organized and a perfectionist in whatever you do? Have you ever dreamt of working for one of the largest news organizations in the world? If you are ambitious and passionate about being part of a strong metadata team from scratch, then we are keen to get to know you better.
You will be working with like-minded folks, driven by a single focus—develop a clear, systematic process for creating, managing and monitoring metadata application. This is a unique opportunity to set the agenda within a newly created team. You will have the freedom to be creative and think out of the box, while adhering to the Reuters Trust Principles.
About Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters is the world’s leading provider of news and information-based tools to professionals. Our worldwide network of journalists and specialist editors keep customers up to speed on global developments, with a particular focus on legal, regulatory and tax changes.
- Passion for news and changing the way we consume it and deliver to clients. Previous experience working in a news set-up is preferred but not essential.
- A self-motivated professional who has a strong understanding of metadata concept and structure and has worked on implementing a few projects.
- A minimum of two years of experience in the field is essential.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as a team member will be critical.
- Most essential is a love for data and for the kind of exacting, detailed work necessary to ensure that Reuters News reaches the world, as it is meant to.
- Possess strong analytical/logical thinking skills and clarity of thought
- Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects. Willingness to work with a geographically distributed team structure in an environment that will be extremely fast-paced and challenging
- You will develop and oversee the tools and systems that ensure every Reuters news story, video and photograph is accurately and fully tagged with the right information for our customers.
- You will be responsible for helping train the algorithms that automatically tag our news with the right people, places and things, and for managing the relationships between those tags.
- You will identify pain points and trouble spots, and work with global stakeholders to do whatever is necessary to eliminate them – in some cases working behind the scenes to address issues in near real-time, if the need arises.
- Review project requirements and execute projects independently by following the guidelines and deploying the tools/systems as applicable.
- Create standardized taxonomy and application process for all media types.
- Document processes and standards followed by the team thus ensuring a better training resource and a historical document available for future.
You may also be interested in: