Google India invites job applications for Merchandising Manager (Apps & Google Play) for Gurugram location. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online on the official website.
As a Merchandising Manager, you will help build and maintain Google Play’s merchandising program on handsets, web and tablets. Based on your digital content retail experience, you will coordinate and launch effective online features and promotions.
You bring to the table strong retail instincts, sharp analytical abilities, and impeccable oral and written communication skills. You are comfortable working cross-functionally with product, design, marketing, engineering, and other teams to develop an innovative user experience.
It’s important that you be able to work both independently and collaboratively to develop new content features and scalable merchandising processes. You’ll also have a track record for successful prioritization, meeting critical deadlines, and enthusiastically addressing challenges with an eye toward problem solving.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in a merchandising or marketing role for an online commerce or digital content business
- Experience working in the India Market
- Ability to speak and write in Hindi and English fluently
- Experience working in function or company focused on mobile, ecommerce, or gaming
- Strong writing skills in the digital and mobile context
- Strong analytical skills, ability to analyze research or performance data and apply that analysis to optimize merchandising strategy
- Ability to advise on strategies and product requirements to enhance merchandising capabilities along with strong communication skills and collaborative working approach
- Ability to work with partners to develop co-promotion or cross-promotion strategies and campaigns
- Set merchandising strategy for the Apps vertical and execute against the global plan.
- Lead the merchandising program and create apps campaigns and content for India.
- Analyze internal data, market research, and industry trends to select content to promote and to understand how users are engaging with the recommended apps.
- Develop user insight for the Apps vertical, research new and trending apps as well as help test these apps for quality and usefulness.
- Curate, write, and/or edit copy for editorial placements on the Google Play store.