Applications are invited for Media Strategist- Paid Media at Discovery, Mumbai for the year 2022. Online applications are open on the official website.
Discovery Channel is an American multinational pay television network and flagship channel owned by Discovery, Inc., a publicly-traded company run by CEO David Zaslav.
Discovery is looking for a data-driven Strategist to help grow the discovery+ subscriber base in APAC, including discovery+ in the Philippines, through a variety of direct-response platforms and channels. You’ll be charged with developing a clear, coherent strategy to find qualified, efficient users at scale in conjunction with the internal Investment/Buying portion of the Global Subscriber Acquisition team and with key internal stakeholders.
- 2+ years of paid digital media experience; media agency experience strongly preferred.
- Solid foundational understanding of media concepts, terminology, and bid-based buying models with hands-on execution experience in at least one of: paid search, paid social, display (across multiple markets preferred).
- Ideal to have experience with international media strategy/buying and campaign management.
- Experience working with conversion tracking and mobile marketing attribution partners (such as Kochava, AppsFlyer) and also digital reporting tools (such as Google Analytics, Adobe) is required.
- Experience and understanding of paid social, programmatic, and SEM buying platforms (demand side platforms, Google Ads, Facebook Business Manager, etc.) is strongly preferred.
- Understanding of paid digital streaming and subscription ecosystem is a plus.
- Self-starter, highly motivated, positive demeanour, excellent communicator, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Reasonable availability to respond to requests and monitor/optimize campaigns outside normal business hours as needed.
- Polished professional with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytics skills are a must.
- University degree required.
- Work closely with the Media Manager/Director to oversee the development, execution, and analysis of paid acquisition campaigns that will primarily run across SEM, paid social, and programmatic.
- Assist with the trafficking of digital assets and ad tags to ensure all campaigns launch on-time with flawless execution.
- Ensure all campaigns are set up with proper attribution tracking (such as Kochava) to enable full campaign attribution.
- Maintain key planning and benchmark documents, assist with campaign billing, and gather launch confirmation details.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure paid acquisition efforts align with the larger promotional strategy.
- Work closely with the APAC Growth Marketing team to translate the marketing strategy they create into a media approach, aligning on a regular basis on performance and spend levels.
- Assist with the reporting of strategic insights that can be leveraged across the team such as best performing messaging and audiences. This includes the ongoing collaboration of structured A/B tests with paid media campaigns.
- Work closely with the internal Investment/Buying team to ensure campaigns are executed flawlessly and are optimized towards the campaign goal. This includes creative asset delivery/trafficking and the implementation of the necessary campaign tracking and tagging.
- Responsible for staying up-to-date on emerging trends and technologies – particularly across paid performance marketing vehicles.
You may also be interested in: