General Electric, Bengaluru invites job applications for the Manager- Digital Operations post for the year 2021. Online applications are open on the official website.
Responsible for leading a team that implements next-generation solutions for how customers receive Digital Technology support.
- Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with advanced experience.
- Desired CharacteristicsTechnical Expertise:
Hands-on experience in 24x7x365 technical operations
Experienced in design, performance, availability and scalability of the infrastructure
Demonstrated understanding of Lean Six Sigma principles (e.g., Green belt certified).
Knowledge of business and financial principles and practices
Demonstrated ability to manage team/product operations within own budget
Demonstrated ability to drive projects based on business strategies and customer requirements
Demonstrated customer focus – manages technical issues in complex, difficult, or stressful situations; evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer; builds strong customer relationships and creates processes with customer viewpoint
Proven ability to work with global teams; collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
Ability to proactively identify and remove obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
Demonstrated experience influencing across a complex, global matrix organization
Strong analytical, project management, and organizational skills
Strong oral and written communication skills
Ability to work under tight deadlines and to prioritize under pressure
Change oriented – Proven track record of initiating and driving process improvements; supports and drives change, and confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways.
Roles & Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Lead a small team of employees focused across the digital operations space to include infrastructure, end user support, network, etc.
- Drive improvements for options and content of self-help.
- Identify innovations to improve support for end users.
- Establish governance with global knowledge leaders.
- Identify recurring issues and highlight to service owner; help find opportunities to reduce end user issues.
- Identify opportunities to send tickets to the appropriate queue at creation.
- Work globally to ensure consistency and acceptance for their respective region.
- Collaborate with other teams to improve support tools.
- Participate in budgeting process and manage IT Infrastructure related projects and investments.
- Identify and respond to professional growth needs for all team members and ensure they have the proper training to execute team deliverables.
- Foster a work culture at all levels that is positive, collaborative, respectful, innovative, dynamic, with high integrity, and capable of driving positive change over sustained periods of time.
GE rises to the challenge of building a world that works. For more than 125 years, GE has invented the future of industry, and today the company’s dedicated team, leading technology, and global reach and capabilities help the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE’s people are diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest level of integrity and focus to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for its customers.