The G.B. Pant University is a symbol of a successful partnership between India and the United States. The establishment of this university brought about a revolution in agricultural education, research and extension. It paved the way for setting up of 31 other agricultural universities in the country.
The credit for starting the functioning of the University without losing any time goes to the warm and resourceful personality of the first Vice-Chancellor, late Dr. Kenneth Anthony Parker Stevenson (1-12-58 to 2-1-64), who could keep people fruitfully engaged on the university farm, the labs and the classrooms despite the lurking fear of wild animals roaming the area.
JRF Post details
- Name of the Project: Bioinformatics SUB-DIC
- Department: Department of Microbiology & Genetic Engg
- Number of Vacancies: One
- Duration: 3 years
- Principal investigator: Dr Sundip Kumar
- Qualification: M.Tech degree in Bioinformatics with first division or 60% marks or equivalent overall grade with 4 year UG degree.
- Experience of working in Next-generation sequencing and GBS data analysis.
- Interested and eligible candidates can fill the prescribed application form and appear for the Walk-in-Interview scheduled on 6 September 2019 at 11 am.
- One has to send the duly filled form in the name of the Principal investigator only.
The selected candidate will get pay of Rs. 25000 per month (likely to be revised).