JOB POST: Junior Research Fellow for ONGC Project @ IIT (ISM), Dhanbad [Salary Rs 30K]: Walk-in-Interview on Aug 27
The Indian School of Mines was formally opened on 9th December 1926, by Lord Irwin, the then Viceroy of India to address the need for trained manpower related to mining activities in the country with disciplines of Mining and Applied Geology.
In 1967 it was granted the status of a deemed to be university under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956. Since its establishment, IIT(ISM) has undergone a considerable expansion of its activities, and presently it can be considered as a total technology education institute.
Situated in the heart of the country’s prime coking coal belt, 260 km from Kolkata with a campus spread over an area of 393 acres, (with 218 acres of existing campus and 175 acres under acquisition and development) the fully residential IIT(ISM) has all the facilities of world-class academic institute.
What started as an institution to impart mining education has graduated into a full-fledged technical institution of international acclaim offering a host of programmes like B. Tech., M. Tech., M. Sc. Tech., and MBA.
- Name of the Post: Research Fellow
- Project title: Development of low dosage hydrate inhibitors for the prevention of gas hydrate formation in the oil and gas field operations
- No. of position: One
- Tenure: 2 years
- Principal of Investigator: Prof. Vikas Mahto, Department of Petroleum Engineering, IIT (ISM), Dhanbad
- Essential: First Class M.Tech/M.E. in Petroleum Engineering/ Chemical Engineering
- Desirable: Candidates having GATE score and exposure of sophisticated analytical equipments would be preferred.
- Age: 28 Years and relaxation of 5 years for SC / ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates on the production of appropriate certificates from authorized government agencies.
The Research Fellow shall mainly concentrate on experimental studies, collection of samples and standard data from the fields as well as carrying out some analysis of the samples in different laboratories of IITs and other research institutes.
- Date: 27 August 2019
- Time: 10 am
- Venue: Dept of Petroleum Engg, IIT (ISM), Dhanbad, Jharkhand
Selected candidate for the post will get a pay of Rs. 30000 per month.
email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details, click here.
About the Author