Applications are invited for temporary or contractual posts of JRF under the project entitled “Single-Carrier Decoy-State Frequency-Coded Quantum Key Distribution Over 50km Optical Fiber” at the Quantum Key Distribution (QKD) Lab, Department of Electrical Engineering, IIT Kanpur. The project is funded by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) under the QUEST scheme.
- Name of the Post: Junior Research Fellowship
- Number of vacancies: Two
- Project title: Single-Carrier Decoy-State Frequency-Coded Quantum Key Distribution Over 50km Optical Fiber
- Duration: Initial appointment of one year. Upon satisfactory performance renewable for 2 years or end of the project whichever is earlier.
- B. Tech or B.E. in Electronics and Communication Engineering with a minimum of 65% marks/6.5 CPI. Or M. Tech/M.S. with specialization in Optoelectronics/Embedded Systems/Fiber-optics/Circuit design/Digital communications/RF & Microwave Engineering and a minimum of 65% marks/6.5 CPI. Those who have submitted their M.S./M.Tech thesis and awaiting defence are also eligible to apply.
- A valid GATE/NET score or any other national level examination is desirable.
- Desirable: An ideal candidate should have sufficient experience in one or more of the following areas: Design of high-speed PCBs (digital, analog, and RF) and Embedded Systems, Extensive working knowledge of optical fibers, C-band laser diodes, WDM optical components, and optical spectrum analyzer, Good working knowledge of free-space optical elements and He-Ne lasers, Design of analog circuits for control and sensor interfacing. Prior experience in design of wideband TIAs for O/E conversion will be highly desirable, FPGA programming using Xilinx Vivado platform, Implementation of DSP algorithms using Xilinx V7/Kintex FPGAs, Peripheral interfacing with FPGAs and MATLAB, VHDL/Verilog/Altium/LTSPICE.
- The application should be submitted strictly online. The application will not be accepted in any other mode. To apply, visit this page.
- The last date for submitting online application shall be on or before 16th September 2019.
Rs. 31,000/- per month as per norms