Department of Mechanical Engineering National Institute of Technology (NIT) Surathkal invites applications for the position of Junior Research Fellow (JRF) in time-bound research and development project purely on contractual basis.
Experimental technique to induce surface grain refinement through Laser Shock Peening on ECAP processed Mg alloy.
Dr H Shivananda Nayaka.
Junior Research Fellow (JRF).
One (01) Position.
B.E/B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 60% aggregate score (6.5/10 CGPA) and M. Tech/M.E in Manufacturing Engineering or Technology or Metallurgical and Materials Engineering with a minimum of 60% aggregate score (6.5/10 CGPA).
Applicant must be GATE qualified. A good GATE score will be an added advantage. Those
who have appeared for M.Tech / M.E and waiting for results may also apply and
proof of M.Tech / M.E viva voce competition certificate has to be provided during the
time of interview.
- Work experience related to Metal forming, LASER processing, material characterization and analysis.
- The candidate should know the fundamentals of materials and metallurgy.
- Ability to work in a team, good communication skills and experience in experimental research.
- I and II year – Rs. 31,000/month.
- III year – Rs. 35,000/month.
Three years or up to the termination of the project, subject to annual performance
review. The candidate can be entitled to register for Ph.D. at NITK, Surathkal, if found
How to Apply
Interested candidates must apply with the following documents
(1) Covering letter.
(2) Bio-data with a passport-sized photograph,
(3) Scanned copies of educational certificates and mark sheets, class XII onwards.
(4) GATE qualified certificate and
(5) Scanned copies of Proof for research experience, special achievements and publications, if any.
The soft copies of all the above documents (pdf format) must be emailed to the P.I ( Dr. H
Shivananda Nayaka) by 22nd July 2019. The email address for correspondence is
hsn_mech[at]nitk.ac.in. Only shortlisted candidates will be intimated by email and called for an interview in person. No TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview. The position is
available immediately. Interviews most likely to be held during August 2019.