Indian Institue of Technology (IIT) Kanpur invites applications from suitable candidates for the temporary & contractual post of Junior Research Fellow
Large Area Opto-Electronics for Australia and India: From Materials to Advanced Devices” at Samtel Centre for Display Technologies (SCDT), IIT Kanpur.
AISRF and Department of Science and Technology.
Postgraduate Degree in Basic Science with NET qualification, OR Graduate degree in Professional Course, with NET/GATE, OR post-graduate in Professional courses.
M.Tech or B.Tech. + 3 years experience or M.Sc. + 3 years experience or Ph.D.
Educational background should be in optics or photonics, electromagnetics, semiconductor physics, nanotechnology, organic electronics, electronic materials, and microsystems.
- Experience in optoelectronic device simulation using tools like Setfos, Lumerical, COMSOL, or similar.
- Experience in optics design, ray tracing in multilayer thin films, design/fabrication of micro-optical components like micro-lens arrays/periodic microstructures.
- Experience in handling optics and building optical characterization setups.
- Experience in the fabrication of organic electronic devices, OLED stack development, etc.
- Experience in programming using MATLAB or similar tools.
Nature of work
- Optical design and efficiency improvement of OLED stacks with outcoupling structures.
- Study the effect of outcoupling structures on the emission characteristics.
- Fabrication of solution-processed OLEDs with different outcoupling structures.
- Experimental design and analysis of experimental data.
- Testing of OLED devices and documentation.
Rs. 31000/- (HRA as per institute norms).
Duration of appointment
One year or the end of the project term.
Number of positions
How to Apply
Interested candidate may apply online here.
Note: The application should be submitted strictly online. The application will not be accepted in any other mode. The last date for submitting online application shall be on or before 30th August 2019
Please note that no TA/DA will be paid for attending the interview.
Project Investigator, Room No.: 305, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, Kanpur – 208016 (India).