Kerala Forest Research Institute (KFRI) is a multidisciplinary team of experts conducting research on tropical forests and forestry. This Institute has contributed significantly to research in tropical forestry and biodiversity conservation over the past three decades of its existence.
Founded in 1975, Institute is envisioned as a Centre of Excellence in Tropical Forestry to provide scientific support for decision making on matters related to forestry, with particular emphasis on conservation, sustainable utilization and scientific management of natural resources. KFRI became a part of the Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE) along with five other R&D Centres of the State when the KSCSTE was constituted in 2002.
- Name of the Post: Junior Research Fellow
- Number of vacancies: One
- Project title: Biodiversity Characterization at the Community level in India using Earth Observation Data
- Duration: One year
- Essential qualification : First class Master’s Degree in Geoinformatics/ Geography/ Botany/ Forestry/ Ecology/ Environmental Science/ Biodiversity & Conservation.
- Desirable: Hands-on Experience-Remote sensing data processing and GIS. Field experience in forest areas, especially on phytosociological studies. UGC, CSIR NET
- Age Limit: As on 01.01.2019, 36 years. Age relaxation of five years in the case of scheduled caste/scheduled tribe candidates and three years in the case of other backward communities as per government rules will be given.
Project activities include intensive field and lab work. Establishing permanent plots in forest areas of Kerala, Analysis of phytosociological, Remote sensing and GIS data.
- Date: 18 September 2019
- Time: 10 am
- Venue: Kerala Forest Research Institute