IFC (International Finance Corporation) Mumbai invites job applications for Investment Analyst & Associate Investment Officer for the year 2020.
International Finance Corporation (IFC) – a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group-is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in developing countries. The Bank Group has set two goals for the world to achieve by 2030: end extreme poverty and promote shared prosperity in every country.
- Minimum requirement is Bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or a related specialization, or an MBA or other Masters in a related field.
- 3 years’ experience in corporate or investment banking.
- Sound analytical and conceptual skills encompassing finance and the associated areas of financial investment, portfolio management, corporate finance and economics.
- The ability to communicate ideas clearly and confidently (both verbally and in written form) in English.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel financial modeling skills.
- Aptitude in basic financial software applications and the ability to quickly learn new applications.
- A keen interest in development finance and in working in a multicultural, team-based environment.
- Investment Analyst is expected to work for 2 to 4 year terms, up to a maximum of 4 years.
- Language- Essential (English).
- Investment Analyst assists Investment Officers in all aspects of their work including but not limited to:
- Conducting industry and market research and assisting IFC’s business development and portfolio management efforts in the manufacturing, agribusiness and services sectors in Bangladesh.
- Participating in all phases of an investment project life cycle, including structuring, negotiation, internal approval and closing
- Creating financial models, analyzing historical and projected financial statements.
- Reviewing company information and preparing reports on periodic financial statements, project progress reports and other information submitted by clients.
- Preparing documentation for IFC internal processes
- Tracking operational and financial performance of IFC’s portfolio clients, including compliance with IFC’s agreements
- Performing credit reviews and valuations of equity investments and loan instruments.
For applications & more details, click here.
Associate Investment Officer
- MBA or equivalent qualification with specialization in finance;
- At least 5+ years’ working experience in finance with a proven track-record of supporting the origination process, structuring and closing investments.
- Experience in investment transactions, with proven success in developing client relationships as well as sourcing, negotiating, structuring and closing quality investments (knowledge of and experience in emerging markets a plus);
- Strong business judgment in identifying potential business partners;
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of finance and financial services. Broad sector experience in across many sector groups, such as Financial Institutions; Infrastructure and Natural Resources; Telecom and Manufacturing, Agribusiness and Services, is important.
- Support the regional team in developing strong relationships with key counterparts in the private and public sector as well as development partners, including establishing and maintaining quality client relationships to ensure responsive client service and to enhance new business opportunities.
- Proactively identify potential investment opportunities based on industry experience, reputation, market potential, financial capability, and strategic fit.
- Assess the attractiveness of specific investment opportunities with a strong focus on credit quality and development impact including creating financial models, analyzing historical and projected financial models and conducting industry and market research and assist in IFC’s business development efforts.