The Business Compliance team is looking for motivated self-starters who can work in a fast paced, data-driven environment. The successful candidate will be a proactive problem solver, have an extremely high level of customer focus and a passion for decision making that helps enable & drive compliance in Seller teams.
As a an Investigation Specialist in the Business Compliance team, you will be responsible for conducting regular quality audits on the processes deployed across business functions and ensure compliance to the same. This role is critical to Amazon’s culture and code of conduct principles and is a great opportunity to be part of a new team solving challenging problems.
The ideal candidate will have ability to deliver results under time constraints, execute repeatable processes and have good communication skills. Operating in a rapidly changing environment will require the candidate to be comfortable dealing with ambiguous, new and challenging situations. The role does not require any travel.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or a related field
- 2+ years of professional experience in business process operations or comparable position.
- Working knowledge of Excel.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Proven problem solving skills, project management skills, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast paced environment.
- Advanced degree in Business, Engineering or a related field
- 3+ years of professional experience in business operations or comparable position.
- Language: English, Hindi (Preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Experience in process streamlining & automation of processes to drive improvements & efficiency.
- Excellent communication & stakeholder management skills.
- Conduct regular seller audits across business functions (voice/calling operations & documentation are a large part of this) to identify malpractice around launch/post-launch of sellers, selections and other business inputs by internal employee or NLS partners.
- Dive deep on regular basis to uncover new risks, reprioritize existing risks, and assist with investigation and root cause resolution.
- Leverage appropriate tools and applications to dive deep into data and present detailed reports.
- Meet predetermined and assigned productivity targets.
- Provide ideas for process improvements to enhance process efficiency, quality and seller/customer experience.
- Educate internal and external stakeholders to ensure compliance on our projects and processes.
- Collaborate with internal teams/stakeholders to develop product/process solutions for business.