The Institute for Studies in Industrial Development (ISID is a national-level policy research institution affiliated to the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR). The Institute has the facility to provide guidance for PhD scholars in Economics particularly in the areas of industrialisation, corporate sector, international trade, investment, technology, public health, labour and employment.
Applications in the prescribed format are invited from suitable candidates for award of Institutional Doctoral Fellowships (three) instituted by the ICSSR, at the ISID.
- Name of the Post: Institutional Doctoral Fellow
- Number of Vacancies: Three
- Funded by: ICSSR
- Duration: 2 years
- Post-graduate in social sciences (including allied subjects like statistics, management, commerce and development studies) with at least 55% marks and minimum 50% marks in Graduation
- Relaxation of 5% marks/corresponding grades will be made for candidates falling under the SC/ST category
- The candidate should have cleared NET/SLET/M.Phil. from a recognised university or the candidates who are registered after qualifying Research Entrance Test (RET) conducted by a university or have at least two research articles published in reputed professional journals in social sciences
- Candidates who have already availed of UGC Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)/Rajiv Gandhi Doctoral Fellowship (RGDF)/Maulana Azad Doctoral Fellowship (MADF) are not eligible to apply
- The applicant must be registered for Ph.D. in any of the Indian universities/institutes within the UGC/ ICSSR framework. They should be willing to work under the supervision of one of the ISID faculty members as his/her guide or co-guide.
- Upper age limit is 40 years (can be relaxed by 5 years in case of candidates belonging to SC/ST category) as on the last date of receipt of the completed applications in the ISID.
Application Form and other details can be downloaded from the Institute’s Website. Completed application forms should be addressed to the Director, Institute for Studies in Industrial Development, 4, Institutional Area, Vasant Kunj Phase II, New Delhi – 110070 and should reach on or before September 21, 2019.