ICRISAT seeks applications for the position of Post-Harvest Specialist to strengthen the postharvest activities in South Asia. This position will be based at WorldVeg – South and Central Asia Regional Office in ICRISAT-Patancheru, Hyderabad and is open for Indian nationals only.
- Ph.D. in Postharvest Technology, Horticulture or Agriculture (major in postharvest technology), Food Science (vegetables or fruit) or Agricultural Engineering (postharvest engineering)
- Highly skilled in the use of statistical analysis software programs
- 3 to 5 years’ extensive experience in agricultural development project management
- Sound knowledge of scientific writing and demonstrated ability to write successful project proposals
- Should have Demonstrated project management skills
- Good analytical and technical skills to plan, implement, analyze, and communicate research findings
- Should have proved the ability to deliver outputs on time and accurately with minimum supervision
- Proven significant research publication record
- Willingness to work both in the field and the laboratory is essential
- Excellent communication and computer skills, with fluency in written and spoken English and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Assist in the establishment, use and upkeep of the postharvest research and demonstration facilities, conduct and manage fresh produce handling and processing researches
- Assist in breeding and production research for postharvest traits and in value chain and impact studies
- Contribute to outreach and capacity building programs
- Assist in monitoring and evaluation of project activities
- Contribute to the development of new project proposals and other initiatives
- Publish research and review papers in refereed journals and reviewed conference proceedings
- Provide activity and progress reports and support services to official activities
- Collaborate with other researchers within the organization and other advanced research institutes and universities
- Perform any other duties as required by the needs of the Center and as directed by the supervisor.