Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS), a statutory body under Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Govt. of India, is the National Standards Body of India. It undertakes activities in the field of Standardization, Product and System Certification, Hallmarking of Gold/Silver Jewellery, Laboratory Testing etc., in the country.
BIS is also responsible for Standardization and Certification at the International level. BIS offers excellent career opportunities to bright, young dynamic persons for the post of Scientist-‘B’. These posts are in the Pay Level 10 as per the Seventh Central Pay Commission plus allowances as applicable.
Number of Posts
- Mechanical Engineering: 21 Posts
- Metallurgical Engineering: 10 Posts
- Civil Engineering: 18 Posts
- Electrical Engineering: 10 Posts
- Electronics Engineering: 17 Posts
- Chemical Engineering: 12 Posts
- Food Technology: 5 Posts
- Microbiology: 13 Posts
- Textile Engineering and Fibre Science: 3 Posts
Eligibility & Qualification
- All except Microbiology: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology or equivalent in concerned discipline with not less than 60% marks in aggregate (50% for SC/ST candidates).
- Microbiology: Master’s Degree or equivalent with not less than 60% marks in aggregate (50% for SC/ST candidates).
The candidates must be between 21-30 years of age as on Mar 1.
Pay Level 10 as per the Seventh Central Pay Commission plus allowances as applicable. The indicative gross salary as on date at New Delhi will be Rs. 79,929/-.
- Eligible candidates will be required to appear in an online examination.
- Candidates who have been shortlisted in the online examination will subsequently be called for an Interview.
How to Apply
Candidates are required to apply online from 16.03.2018 to 02.04.2018 through BIS website by Clicking Here.
- The Application Fees is Rs. 750/- and is Non-Refundable.
- No fees is required to be paid by SC/ST/ Ex-Serviceman/ Person with benchmark disability/Women Candidates.
Mobile: +91 11 23230131