World Bank Group, Chennai invites job applications for Financial Officers for the year 2020. World Bank Group (WBG) is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. The World Bank is a vital source of financial and technical assistance to developing countries around the world. Interested one can check out full details below.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree(s) in Accounting, Finance, and/or Economics and a minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CA/CPA/ACCA and/or FRM/CFA. Master’s degree(s) in Accounting, Finance, and/or Economics may be considered in lieu of CPA/CA/ACCA and/or FRM/CFA.
- Professional experience with major financial institutions with practical knowledge of product control functions (such as accounting and valuation) related to financial instruments
Core Technical Knowledge:
- Deep knowledge of treasury products / financial instruments (i.e. capital and money market instruments – particularly fixed income instruments) and their related accounting and valuation treatment
- Hands-on experience of using Summit / Murex treasury system and / or Phoenix model would be a distinct advantage
- Sound experience with integrated financial systems. Experience in SAP and Bloomberg/Reuters
- Good understanding of market data requirements for capital market related trading activities
- Proven quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including excellent spreadsheet skills. Familiarity with financial modeling techniques and writing macros will be a plus
- Ability to contribute to team performance with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of initiative, self-confidence and a self-starter; proven problem-solving skills, ability to deliver high quality results and operates with minimum supervision
- Diplomacy and strong interpersonal skills; commitment to work in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment; detail oriented
- Proven capacity to multi-task, deliver results and respond quickly and effectively to requests. Ability and desire to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Highest ethical standards
The Financial Officer will work as part of a team of professionals to meet the unit’s responsibilities as they relate to the accounting and valuation of financial instruments. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Review accounting entries and ensure daily / weekly / monthly control activities are performed for the borrowings and liquid investments portfolios
- Identify, investigate and resolve system-to-system reconciliation and accounting flow breaks
- Monitor and analyze accounting results as they relate to the borrowings and investments portfolios to ensure they are consistent with expectations and business objectives or deviations (if any) are justified and adequately documented. This would include the establishment of exception and monitoring reports and review and investigation of the same.
- Verify trade set-up and trade modifications
- Produce / review fair value for loans, credits and guarantees portfolios, using Phoenix and / or other models
- Preparation and quality assurance of calculated market data, evaluation of data sources, and verification of the data reliability
- Develop expectations, perform analysis, prepare / review and present sign-off commentaries, suggest and implement solutions in a pro-active manner
- Prepare and analyze allocation of debt funding to separate pools and computation of cost pass through rates for Bank lending products
- Prepare / present various financial and management reports, as required by the department or other stakeholders.