Applications are invited for Finance and Banking Correspondent at Thomson Reuters, Mumbai for the year 2021. Online applications are open on the official website.
Reuters is the world’s largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias.
With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. It supplies business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world’s media organizations, industry events and directly to consumers. Reuters: The Real World in Real Time
About the position
Reuters is looking for an experienced, driven and scoop-hungry journalist with a passion for breaking news and writing ahead-of-the-curve stories on India’s booming M&A and deals landscape. Based in Mumbai, the Finance and Banking Correspondent will focus on breaking news on fund-raising, deals and IPOs, and on big-picture stories on the emerging trends in India’s booming start-up companies.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in building sources, getting the inside scoops and a desire to work on deeply-reported stories. They will be part of a team of top-notch journalists who write about foreign and domestic companies, financial institutions, deals and regulations in one of Asia’s fastest-growing economies.
This is a terrific opportunity for a talented and ambitious journalist to make an impact on a competitive and high-profile beat with the world’s largest independent multimedia news organization.
You’re a fit for the role of Finance and Banking Correspondent if you have:
- Excellent source-building and writing skills, and a passion to own and lead big news developments
- Deep understanding of the business of financial services and companies, and the ability to explain it to a global audience
- A strong work ethic and a readiness to work as part of a team, collaborating with tips and ideas
- Fluency in English.
Roles & Responsibilities
As our Finance and Banking Correspondent, you will:
- Work closely with colleagues in India and around the world to break news on upcoming deals, big mergers, investment banking trends and corporate wrongdoing.
- Differentiate your reporting by spotting trends, legal developments and regulatory issues that may affect deal making. Dig deeper into how companies maneuver around such issues.
- Be able to build a strong network of sources in India and abroad.
- Work on insightful and high-impact stories within the wider corporate finance news file
- Be able to work with multimedia teams including pictures, graphics and video to develop 360-degree storytelling.
You may also be interested in: