UNDP (United Nations Development Programme) is looking for the post of Field Security Associates for the year 2020. Interested candidates can check out full details of the same below.
Secondary education / High School Diploma (Required).
University 1st Level or Advanced Degree (Desirable).
Diploma from Police or military education institution, college or academy (Desirable).
A minimum of six (6) years of experience in security, preferably in the military or police context or related field of work. (Required).
Prior experience with the UN system or an international NGO. (Desirable).
- Language Requirements:
Fluency in English (Required).
Fluency in national language of the duty station (Required).
Knowledge of another UN language: Arabic, Spanish, French, Russian, Chinese (Desirable).
- Other Skills and Requirements
Knowledge of HF and VHF radio operation.
Experience in diplomatic security and protection is considered as an asset.
Knowledge of host country safety codes.
Solid computers skills (MS Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
Possession of a valid driver’s license.
Ability to travel.
- Assists the SA/DSA in collecting, updating and communicating information regarding the security situation in the country
- Assists in maintaining the Security Plan, including updating staff lists
- Assists in the conduct of the Security Risk Management (SRM) and assists in monitoring compliance with the arrangements of the Security Risk Management Measures (SRMM). Also assists with the compilation of data required for the SRMM Self-Assessment Programme.
- Assists in reporting security incidents affecting UN staff, offices and assets, and assists in the preparation of security reports, such as the Security Incident Report, the Security Assessments and the Country Briefing Notes (CBN).
- Provides support in organizing and conducting training courses on security awareness and preparedness and providing security orientation to newly assigned staff members. Conducts security briefings, as required.
- Performs other security-related tasks assigned by the SA/DSA
- Provides general administrative assistance to the SA/DSA