The Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, Government of India through an Act of Parliament, has set up Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology (RGIPT). It has been accorded the status of being an ‘Institute of National Importance’ along the lines of IITs. RGIPT has a centre at Sivasagar, Assam which has been offering 3-year diploma programmes in Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering and Piping Engineering (now Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Pipeline Engineering).
In addition to existing branches, the Sivasagar centre is going to start a diploma in Fire and Safety Engineering, and Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering from the coming academic session.
Institute invites applications from Indian nationals, including Persons of Indian Origins (PIOs) and Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) and foreign nationals* with suitable qualifications for the posts of Lecturer in various disciplines.
Essential Minimum Qualifications
(i) For Technical Disciplines
Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees in relevant disciplines with First Class in either of the two at the time of selection.
(ii) For Sciences and Humanities
A Master’s degree with First Class or equivalent in a relevant subject and must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET / SET.
Two years of relevant teaching, research, and industry work experience gained after obtaining essential qualification.
Areas of Specialization
- Petroleum Engineering: Reservoir Engineering and Simulation, Production Engineering, Drilling Engineering, Completion and Workover Operations, Facilities Engineering, Natural Gas Engineering, Unconventional Energy Sources, and other emerging areas.
- Chemical Engineering: Chemical Process Engineering, Chemical Reaction Engineering, and Thermodynamics.
- Mechanical Engineering: Heat and Mass Transfer, Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics, and Mechanics of Solids, Equipment Design, Piping Hydraulics & Hydraulics Machinery, and Equipment & Piping Layout.
- Electrical Engineering: Power Plant Engineering, Electric Traction System, Power System Operations and Control, Power System Analysis, High Voltage and Insulation Engineering, Smart Grid, and Digital Control Systems.
- Computer Sciences & Engineering: Computer Programming & Applications, Computer Networks, Data Science, Machine Learning, Digital Image Processing, Natural Language Processing, Deep Learning, Neural Network, Artificial Intelligence, and Robotics.
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering: Electronics Component & Material, Process Control & Instrumentation, Microprocessor & Applications, Power Electronics, and Electrical Machines.
- Fire and Safety Engineering: Engineering Ergonomics, Design & Installation Firefighting Instruments, Safety, and Environment.
- Basic Sciences: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics
- Humanities & Social Sciences: English & Economics
As on 1st May 2020, the upper age limit is 35 years. For reserved category candidates relaxation is permissible as per the guidelines of the Government of India.
How to apply?
Application forms can be filled in online. The form duly filled should be submitted online and a copy should be sent by electronic mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last date of online application submission: Monday, 15 June 2020
Contact: +91 0535 270 4743
For official notification click here
You may also be interested in: