National Institute of Technology Silchar invites job applications for Faculty recruitment in the prescribed format from Indian Nationals, possessing consistently good academic record and requisite qualifications and experience, with commitment to work, passion for teaching and research and an inclination towards institutional development.
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Computer Science & Engineering
- Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Management Studies
Check out full eligibility details via this page.
How to apply?
- The prescribed format of the application form and data sheet can be downloaded from NIT Silchar website
- The soft copy of the application should include the following: i. the application form in pdf format, ii. the data sheet in MS Excel in xls / xlsx format, iii. the pdf version of the data sheet mentioned in 3. (ii) above, iv. soft copy of the transaction slip for the fees deposited, v. Copy of speed post receipt. The soft copy of the application must be sent to the email id: email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org within 28th October, 2020 by 5 pm. The subject line of email should contain the name of the department and post applied. No application will be considered after that time.
- The hard copy of the application should include the following i. the duly filled in application form ii. all relevant documents (self-attested) iii. the hard copy of the data sheet iv. copy of transaction slip for the fees deposited. The hard copy of the application should be sent to “Dean (F.W), National Institute of Technology Silchar, P.O. Silchar – 788 010, Assam” within due date (28th October, 2020) by Speed Post only. The name of the department and post applied for, must be clearly mentioned on the envelope.
- Application fees of INR 1,000.00 for General/OBC candidates & INR 500.00 for SC/ST/PWD/EWS candidates be paid directly to State Bank of India in the account of Director, NIT Silchar (A/C No. – 10521277057, IFSC Code – SBIN0007061).
- Professor: Level – 14A [PB – IV with AGP INR 10,500.00 (6th CPC scale)]
- Associate Professor: Level – 13A2 [PB – IV with AGP INR 9,500.00 (6th CPC scale)]
- Assistant Professor: Grade – I Level – 12 [PB – III with AGP INR 8,000.00 (6th CPC scale)]
- Assistant Professor: Grade – II Level – 11 [PB – III with AGP INR 7,000.00 (6th CPC scale)]