IISER Pune invites applications for faculty positions from candidates possessing excellent academic records and research experience.
- Assistant Professor: A Ph.D. in a discipline relevant to research and education at IISER Pune, with Post-Ph.D. research experience of minimum 3 years in relevant areas and high-quality research publications
- Associate Professor: A minimum of 3 years of experience at the level of Assistant Professor with high-quality independent research publications and a consistent teaching record.
- Professor: A minimum of 4 years experience at the level of Associate Professor with an outstanding record of internationally recognized research publications and an excellent teaching record.
- Biology: Cellular Immunology, Electron Cryomicroscopy/Cryotomography, and Plant Biology.
- Chemistry: Computational (Inorganic, Physical Organic and Mesoscale Modeling) and Experimental (Bio-inorganic, Natural Product Synthesis, Medicinal Chemistry, Charge/Spin Transport and Spectroscopy at Single Molecular Level) Chemistry.
- Data Science: Machine and reinforcement learning, Statistical learning, Randomised algorithms, Probabilistic models & Statistical inference, Natural language processing, Deep learning and Interpretable machine learning, Algorithms and theoretical foundations of Data Sciences, Emerging approaches to learning algorithms and tools, Network science, Computer science, Data structure, Numerical analysis, Signal processing and information theory.
- Earth and Climate Science: Geophysics (Global seismology; Exploration Geophysics; Computational Geodynamics/ Geoscience/ Seismology), Geology (Petrology; Structural geology & tectonics; Tectonic geomorphology), Climate & water science (Physical hydrology; Landsurface processes; Air-sea interaction; Cloud physics)
- Humanities and Social Sciences: Intellectual history, History of science, Science and technology studies, Anthropology, Sociology.
- Mathematics: Statistics and Theoretical Computer Science
- Physics: (this Department is hiring in Astronomy and Astrophysics, Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics, Complex Systems, Nonlinear Dynamics and Statistical Physics, Hard and Soft Condensed Matter Physics, Gravity and High Energy Physics, Materials physics and Device physics. In addition, keen on candidates in these specific areas: Astro particle physics, Gravitational-waves and Cosmology, Physics of Living systems, Quantum Technology: Information, Simulations, Materials and Metrology, Strongly correlated systems (theory).)
How to apply?
Interested and eligible candidates can only apply online via this page.
For more details, click here.